[Wine] Re: so library with winelib

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Apr 13 23:05:07 CDT 2012

pvshura wrote:
> Documentation says I am able to skip wine loader, is it true?

That documentation is old and many things are not true anymore.

pvshura wrote:
> Does it mean I may call wine libraries from standalone Linux process?

I've already gave you the answer: No, you can not.

Wine is not just a set of libraries. Wine requires a particular environment to run. One of the major parts of that is wineserver. Most/all parts of Wine will fail without being able to talk to the wineserver.