[Wine] Re: so library with winelib

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Apr 15 19:06:14 CDT 2012

pvshura wrote:
> I understand that wineserver should be started first. Imagine you started it and after that use your own process instead of wine loader.

What is that you don't like so much about wine-loader that you absolutely can't use it?

Don't forget that wineserver is only a part of the picture. Everything else living in it's own process(es) & address space(es). You can't just load wine's dll.so and expect it to just magically start working. It needs more dlls, which in turn will need more. After you said and done you'll end up with most core Wine dlls loaded. And for that to work properly address space have to be correctly setup, which is the main function of the wine-loader, among few others.