[Wine] Call of Duty 2 and MW1 Poor Performance in versions > 1.3.14

rettw78 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Apr 17 21:02:44 CDT 2012

Hi -

I have been playing Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare on Wine for a couple of years now, but I have noticed some serious performance regressions since Wine 1.3.15.  Call of Duty 2 ran very well in Dx9 mode before then.  Since then even up to Wine 1.5.2, its extemely laggy and has a "stuttering" feel to it.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare has developed serious graphical corruption issues in later Wine versions.  Smoke and explosion textures, and gunfire hits show as random solid color triangles, or are colored blue.

I have tried several registry changes as recommended on the wine appdb to no avail, and winetricks directx9 installs.  I have this problem on two machines; both with higher end Nvidia cards (8800GT and 460GTX)  Both machines are running ArchLinux 64 Bit, have 8-16GB of RAM, and either Core 2 Q6600, or Core i7-3830K CPUs .

I keep thinking it something in my setup, because I am surprise no one else has mentioned this...

Anyone have any ideas?

Rett