[Wine] Re: Aion f2p - freezes on certain objects

Kodama wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Apr 21 02:43:44 CDT 2012

ischou wrote:
> Noticed this thread so I thought I'd check out Aion now that it's F2P, but the font is completely unreadable.  (See picture: [img]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/805/aioni.jpg/[/img])
>
> Running Wine 1.5.2, Mac OS X 10.6, XQuartz 2.7.2_rc4
>
> Any ideas?  I used winetricks and installed corefonts, allfonts, and fontfix and they didn't seem to help.
>
> I've tried -lang:enu -cc:1 -ls for command-line arguments to Aion too.

this looks interesting...I've never seen something like this. What does happen is that fonts are cut off in the game as you can see in this screenie:

[Image: http://www-public.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de/~anmar005/Aion0002.jpg ]

and this also shows what the game looks like for me if GLSL is enabled. All fog and steam effects are solid white:

[Image: http://www-public.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de/~anmar005/Aion0013.jpg ]