[Wine] Just installed wine, cannot open any applications. Help!

Cartheon134 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Apr 24 18:23:44 CDT 2012

I am on my Mac, in Snow leopard, 10.6.8. Whenever I try to use wine to open a program or and application this message comes up in terminal:

Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
err:process:__wine_kernel_init boot event wait timed out

I have no idea what this means and I cannot find anything about this problem anywhere. I did everything I was supposed to, how come this won't work?

Thanks for any help you can give.