[Wine] Re: Run linux command from wine (fake exe)

ischou wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Apr 27 09:26:54 CDT 2012

phaemon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm running HeidiSQL in wine, and it can do ssh tunnels, but only using plink.exe. So can I create a fake plink, that is actually a linux program, that will grab the command line arguments Heidi sends and do my own ssh -L with it?
>
> I tried just calling a bash script plink.exe but wine didn't like that. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!

I think the problem you are having with "bad exe" might be that you're compiling the program as a Linux executable and renaming it plink.exe.

You will also get a bad exe if plink.exe is a renamed shell script.

The example given by qparis uses a cross-compiler to build a windows executable from the C source.

You need either a cross-compiler or build the code on a windows machine.