[Wine] Re: Guild Wars 2 for wine - what is needed?

Astohan wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Apr 28 06:19:27 CDT 2012

Good idea to post our specs.
Mine is:
Ubuntu 11.10 64 bits
AMD Athlon II X2 270 Processor X2 (3.4 GHz), Geforce GTS 250, 4 GB Ram.

I am playing at 1600x900 under Wine 1.4, max details. And don't forget to disable the shadows in the options, it helps a little.

Except for the known artefacts with wine, the game runs flawlessly as the lags come certainly from the server side.

As for the video capture, I have one that is generally good at constant framerate, but without sound:

Code:
ffmpeg -an -r 30 -f x11grab -s 1600x900 -i :0.0 -r 25 -s 1600x900 -sameq scast.avi

Of course, change the resolution to the one of your system.