[Wine] Re: Guild Wars 2 for wine - what is needed?

J V wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Apr 29 07:29:35 CDT 2012

I recorded with avconv (ffmpeg's new version)

You need a compositing window manager for it to turn up right as it pulls straight from xorg rather than buffering or drawing from the game.

Suffice to say: It's one fast recorder :)

(PS: Shadows work fine in GW1 on the latest nvidia driver I've found)

This is the script I used, I'll go over each line for you:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
avconv \
-f x11grab -r 30 -s hd1080 -i :0.0 \
-f alsa -ac 2 -i pulse \
-f alsa -ac 2 -i hw:0,0 \
-map 0:0 -map 1:0 -map 2:0 \
-vcodec libx264 -vf 'scale=-1:720' -pre:v lossless_ultrafast \
-acodec libmp3lame \
-y $@

Code:
avconv \
# start the program
-f x11grab -r 30 -s hd1080 -i :0.0 \
# Create input type "x11grab" framerate 30 size 1080p (Lots of options and manual available there) input from :0.0 server
-f alsa -ac 2 -i pulse \
# Create audio input type "alsa" with 2 channels from "pulse" (Set default pulse input to "Monitor of internal audio" or set it manually in recording tab after starting recorder)
-f alsa -ac 2 -i hw:0,0 \
# Record audio from mic in a separate track (Makes editing a breeze)
# You can find which audio device this is with arecord -l
-map 0:0 -map 1:0 -map 2:0 \
# Just map them out so that it actually uses both audio tracks not just the one
-vcodec libx264 -vf 'scale=-1:720' -pre:v lossless_ultrafast \
# encode with libx264, automatically scale to 720p on the fly (something is bottlenecking me at 26fps if I record full 1080p and I'd rather have a smaller 30fps)
# Video preset is "lossless_ultrafast" - creates a huge file but does it quickly, you can slim it down later.
-acodec libmp3lame \
# mp3 audio codec
-y $@
# Automatically overwrite and put the script options at the end (For manual tweaking and choosing which file to record to)