[Wine] Problem with old, old MS program

Jeffrey Needle jeff.needle at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 14:18:34 CDT 2012

Hello all.  I have an old box running Ubuntu 10.04, with Wine 1.2.2.
Yeah, I know it's old, and I have to get around to updating it soon, but
things seem to be going so well....

I'm running a copy of Microsoft Works 4.5 in Wine.  It installs
perfectly and works very nicely, except for printing.  Works tells me I
need to install a printer through Windows Control Panel.  For the life
of me, I can't figure out how to do that.

I have a default printer set in Linux, but Wine isn't picking up that
setting, or at least Works isn't picking up that setting.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  And, before you ask, I use Works
because the database module is perfect for my needs.  I can't find a
Linux-based database that does the job as well.

Thanks.