[Wine] How Functional is Wine's IE supposed to be?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 10:39:05 CST 2012

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 8:39 AM, Guan <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> What I am meaning is the functionality be eventually implemented into wine.  I have no love for IE6 and I back
> microsoft 100% for finally killing support for it.  It is amazing to see how much stuff over here is still so dependent on
> IE6.  There is some hope though.  Most of the banking controls will still work using IE7,8 and 9.  Also, some banks
> are starting to offer FF compatible controls.  Still a long way to go though.

I don't know if or when missing functionality will be added, but if
you look at Wine's Bug reporting area (Bugzilla) there are bugs filed
for missing functionality.  If the function you need is not there,
please add a bug report.  Most of the effort has been directed at
getting companies to stop using browser specific functionality and to
move to generic functions.  Supporting one web browser over another
has proven problematic over the years.

James