[Wine] setup cannot find Office.en-us\branding.xml

allen303allen wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Feb 3 02:35:36 CST 2012

HI ALL:
    I want to setup office 2007 with wine, I use wine 1.3.36 on ubuntu 10.10. I am installing from an original directory which is copied from my windows machine(it works fine on my windows).
    My steps are:
cd /home/hq/Office2007_en
wine setup.exe

    I click the Install button and the window changes to "Installation Progress". Before it gets any further, a "Browse for Folder" window comes up and says "Setup cannot find Office.en-us\branding.xml. Browse to a valid installation source, and then click OK."
    When I click OK, a similar notice shows up, and the cannot find file changs to Office.en-us\OfficeMUISet.xml, then is Office.en-us\OfficeMUI.xml, again and again, never ending loop, but I do have these files in Office.en-us fold.

    Any ideas how to solve this problem?
    Thanks in advance.
allen