[Wine] Weird question about OpenCL/SwiftShader (Magical Loop)

ZProphete wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Feb 4 02:44:45 CST 2012

Hi guys, I got a really weird questions in my mind...

You probably know, Transgaming Swiftshader is converting on the fly DirectX9 GPU accesses to CPU (aka 100% software rendering).

(With this, wrapped inside Wine, I can start some games that never worked before).

But, software rendering is too slow to play games seriously.

Maybe it's a fool idea, but could Wine share back computation to GPU using OpenCl compiled binaries ?

So it would stand for CPU and GPU helping each others for graphic computing, instead of (in my case) saturate low-end graphic card and waste cpu horsepower.

My specs :
Macpro 3,1 2x Quad 2,8ghz Xeon
6gigs of ram
OSX lion 10.7.3