[Wine] Re: 3DsMax 9 issues.

X-Seti wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Feb 4 14:04:58 CST 2012

dimesio wrote:

> X-Seti wrote:
> > I do build the package myself with the needed dependences from the created install_wine_deps.sh from the http://wiki.winehq.org/Recommended_Packages.
>
> Obviously you missed PNG support, and possibly other things. What does ./configure say?
>

> > Code:
> > 7.root at devbox12:/home/k/wine-1.4-rc2# ./wine /home/k/3dsmax9Trial/Installs/3dsmax/setup.exe
> >

> Never run Wine as root. Delete the wineprefix you created as root and start over as a normal user.

Aahh umm yeah :P, I have been telling others not to use root but I have been doing this myself, I guess I am trying everything I know to get Max working other then using a VM.

Now the ./configure file. http://pastebin.com/uuqSSRiQ

I have been installing stuff where it required but as it seems not well enough.

Update again once at think i've covered anything else.