[Wine] Re: Windows CLI Commands in Ruby freeze Wine application

Aerilius wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Feb 4 14:26:53 CST 2012

Hi,
the errors persist (Wine 1.3.37, ruby 1.8.7)

Code:
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x1135e4 "?" wait timed out in thread 0026, blocked by 0000, retrying (60 sec)

Probably all cmd commands give this error (error message repeats after 60s, doesn't stop). I tested echo, dir, cd, date, path, reg.

While cmd commands don't work, launching applications works by giving the file path to the program or to a batch file. Example in Ruby:

Off-topic, @jaspo: I used a workaround. I wrote the commands to a batch file and launched the batch file. If necessary, the batch file writes the results back to a text file that I then read into Ruby. You can find some code in the ImageMagick.rb here: forums.sketchucation.com/viewtopic.php?f=323&t=40720