[Wine] Re: Entropia Universe on Arch Linux (x86_64)

Zacariaz wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Feb 4 18:59:57 CST 2012

dimesio wrote:

> Zacariaz wrote:
> >

> > Code:
> > err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"winemp3.acm": libmpg123.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> >

> Your Wine build is still missing some parts, though this isn't what's causing the problem.
>
> There's no crash in the log you posted. What exactly does the game do that makes you think it's crashing?
>
> Try winetricks ie7.

Well I can see why it may be confusing, but it's really quite simple.

First of all there's the clientloader, which apparently works perfectly, but of course that's not the actual game. It takes care of updates, there's a webinterface with new and such.

But then you lauch the actuall game via the clientloader, which implies the clientloader executing another executable.

So when the game crashes, obviously wine doesn't see that as a crash, as the clientloader it self is still running fine.

At least that is how I assume it works.

I do believe there is a way to launch the game directly, but I have been unable to figure out how. I assume that some parameters are needed, but this is not documented as this is not intended use.

If you don't mind me asking, what would IE7 help? Is there a specific error message that implies that may be necessary? AFAIK only the clientloader make use of IE, as it seems to works as intended.