[Wine] Re: Weird question about OpenCL/SwiftShader (Magical Loop)

ZProphete wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Feb 5 09:44:36 CST 2012

doh123 wrote:
> sounds a bit weird... forcing graphics to the CPU, and offloading CPU work to the GPU... I don't think that would be nearly as good as directly going to the GPU in the first place.
>
> but... you were able to get OpenCL working ok on Mac OS X with Wine in the first place?

as I said, take the swiftshader part away.

(I was thinking about Swiftshader because of this damn Lineage 2, which never work well on OSX, as I tested the tricked dll, it dosen't show me any error and run  (agp texture acceleration error) [Exclamation]
I was thinking about redirecting ressources back to gpu to get more framerate.)

The good question is, can Wine make an OpenCl wrapper around any program to make it GPU friendly or trick it to make it work like co-processor ? It still sound weird but I hope you get the idea.