[Wine] Removing Wine source directory

colt wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Feb 8 22:58:44 CST 2012

After installing wine from the source, I find out that the directory is consuming some significant amount of space, so I decided to remove it. But then I remembered that since I installed from source, I mighty need the source directory in the future, in case I decide to uninstall wine. After checking the documentation, I saw that was true.
So I wonder: Can I remove the directory and in the future, when I would need to uninstall it
, can I download the package again and after unpacking it, simply enter the directory and
"make uninstall" it ? And how can I find how much space the wine's files spread through my system are using?

Thanks for any assistance .