[Wine] Removing Wine source directory

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Wed Feb 8 23:28:04 CST 2012

> can I download the package again and after unpacking it, simply enter the
> directory and "make uninstall" it ? And how can I find how much space the
> wine's files spread through my system are using?

	If you want to have a guarantee of simple and clean uninstall and
especially if you want to know "how much space the wine's files spread through
my system are using" you should never use "sudo make install" and use
"sudo checkinstall" instead: it creates a standard package for your
distribution (deb, rpm and tgz packages are supported) that you can install
through your distribution's package management system. If you do not have
checkinstall, in Debian-based distribution you can install it by running
"sudo apt-get install checkinstall".
	So I recommend you to "make uninstall" Wine now and run checkinstall to
generate a package and install it through your distribution's package
management system (dpkg, rpm or installpkg).