[Wine] H & R Block At Home does not load

Ken Stephens kens at cad2cam.com
Thu Feb 9 10:15:53 CST 2012

dimesio wrote:
> Ken Stephens wrote:
>> Fedora 16 with the following installed:
>> Jan 30 20:45:28 atlas yum[11575]: Updated: wine-core-1.3.37-1.fc16.i686
>>
> The current development release is 1.4-rc2. Upgrade.
>

>> wine configured as Windows 7, Screen resolution 1024x768.
>>
>> wine configured as Windows 2008 R2 does not display splash screen.
>
> And what about the default, which is XP?

Thanks, I installed both 1.4-rc2 and did winetricks ie7, but still no
joy.   I have been emulating WinXP.  Still trying to figure out which
driver is missing.

Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Unknown error (0).

I am on an older P4 system using the noveau video driver for X.

Resolution is set to 1024x768 which is required by H&R Block s/w.

--
Ken Stephens, SV Aventura, Portland, OR