[Wine] Re: Everquest 2 and Wine 1.3.37

Talikar wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Feb 11 18:49:05 CST 2012

Hello,

If LaunchPad.exe crashes for you (it does for me), but you still really want to play the game, there is an alternate way to get into it.

Use winetricks to install firefox, flash, vcrun2005, and corefonts:
winetricks -q firefox flash vcrun2005 corefonts

Any version of firefox works, and if you don't want to use winetricks you could always try to install everything manually.

Afterward, you just have to use the web based launcher by using this URL:

Code:
wine /path/to/firefox.exe 'http://launch.soe.com/lp3/index.html?mode=0&game=eq2&skin=eq2&locale=en_US'

( note: the code box is just one line )

The first time you use it, you'll have to let it install the firefox addon, but after that the URL should work fine. I've tested with wine 1.4rc1.

I hope this helps,
Talikar

P.S. This web launcher way is also the "streaming client".