[Wine] Re: K9 web protection installation fails with wine under ubuntu

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Feb 12 16:28:06 CST 2012

Nx-01 wrote:

> I tried to install k9web protection with wine under ubuntu 11.10 desktop i386 edition but the installation fails at the end.

You mean this app? http://www1.k9webprotection.com/

Do you realize that even if you manage to install it, it won't affect native browsers, or even Windows browsers installed in other wineprefixes, and your kids could easily uninstall it just by deleting the whole wineprefix?

But if you still want to try to install it, we need more information: what version of Wine (if it's not 1.4-rc3, upgrade), and terminal output.