[Wine] Re: Trouble with directx

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Feb 14 19:48:18 CST 2012

dc_wmj wrote:

> I of course installed the newest version (directx 9.0) in crossover already.

You've already been told that Crossover is not supported here. I'll assume you meant to say plain Wine and tell you that installing directx is neither supported nor recommended. Some individual dlls may be needed by some apps, but according to the detailed howto in the AppDB entry you linked to, that is not the case for this app.

What I suggest you do is reinstall to a clean wineprefix using plain Wine and  following the instructions in the AppDB entry that you linked to.