[Wine] Re: Fglrx problem with HL-based applications in Wine

panska wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Feb 15 05:51:03 CST 2012

Thanks alot for your effort into this matter lahmbi5678!

I might try out Opensuse, I've always found it interesting. I'm currently using up-to-date Ubuntu 11.10 and the latest ati drivers, installed the "fglrx-updates" package. As you say, an older version of Ubuntu might work, but at the time I think I'll leave it as a last solution thought.

The problem is that I'm using the Wine 1.4 release candidates, but disabling pulseaudio sounds like a good option when trying out version 1.3.19 again. I'll do that and get back to you.

Then again, thanks alot for your thoughts and help!