[Wine] Re: Minecraft in Wine

OakRaider4Life wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Feb 16 12:26:08 CST 2012

Sorry for the confusion... I'll try to be a bit more clear in what I'm asking.

If I was running a native linux version of Minecraft, in order to set the memory usage for the JVM running Minecraft, I understand that I would only need to run the command

Code:
java -Xmx[Memory] -Xms[Memory] -jar [/path/to/minecraft]

However, I'm just tooling around a little bit just to see how well I can get a Windows version running on wine, so I am trying to figure out how to set Wine to do the same thing with the JVM when it runs Minecraft.

I should probably make sure to be clear that running Minecraft in wine require running a windows native version of Java, so I'm using the Windows version of SunJava.

So what I am trying to figure out how to do is configure a JVM in SunJava run through Wine, and then force my Minecraft.exe to run using that JVM.