[Wine] Minecraft in Wine

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Thu Feb 16 13:12:20 CST 2012

On Thu, 2012-02-16 at 12:26 -0600, OakRaider4Life wrote:
> So what I am trying to figure out how to do is configure a JVM in
> SunJava run through Wine, and then force my Minecraft.exe to run using
> that JVM.

Install the Windows JVM in a Wine prefix. Then you should be able to run
it with a command somewhat like:

  wine java -Xmx[Memory] -Xms[Memory] -jar [/path/to/minecraft]

though of course it would be a good idea to start by running some pure
Java app or game under the Windows Java to confirm that the JVM works OK
under Wine. Then you'll have a fairly clear indication that the problem
is in the JNI part of Minecraft  if  it falls over.

Martin