[Wine] Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.5

haines wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Feb 20 12:12:31 CST 2012

I tried to install Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.5 with wine on Debian Squeeze. My Wine version is 1.0.1-3.1. It installed Visual C++ 9.0 runtime, but  failed to install Microsoft .NET framework, and so the installation failed.

Is the solution merely to upgrade my Wine to version 1.4 to install NaturallySpeaking11.5? l

Or is the goal to install this ".NET framework". What is it and how would I get it? Is it freely downloadable and installable with Wine?

In a message of long ago someone said the problem is that what is needed are dotnet35 and SP1 from the MS web site. What are these?

If nothing works, can I get a downgraded version of NaturallySpeaking, and if so, what version and how?

Haines