[Wine] Re: Roots magic will no longer run in wine

Emegra wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Feb 23 16:05:02 CST 2012

Hi Dimesio thanks again for you help I followed the instructions from the link but the closest version I could get from the Ubuntu option was 1.3 beta anyway I went with that and added the ppa to my software sources, then when I clicked on the link to install i get a page that says "the address type is unknown or unsupported" apt://wine1.3  so again I'm not sure what to do from there, I'm still trying to run the app from the terminal without success, the path is .wine/dosdevices/c/Program Files/RootsMagic 4/RootsMagic.exe, here's the output
graeme at graeme-PC ~ $ cd .wine
graeme at graeme-PC ~/.wine $ .wine/dosdevices/c/Program Files/RootsMagic 4/RootsMagic.exe
bash: .wine/dosdevices/c/Program: No such file or directory
graeme at graeme-PC ~/.wine $.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong but it's getting late so I'll try again tomorrow, hopefully I can still rely on your help, thanks for your help and patience so far.

Many Thanks

Graeme