[Wine] Xmanager failed running office 2007 with wine

allen303allen wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Feb 23 20:45:48 CST 2012

HI:

I'm running a Office 2007 Professional Plus with Wine 1.3.36 under Ubuntu 10.10 (Gnome desktop).

Then I use Xmanager to connect to my Ubuntu, I tried some simple programs with wine such as notepad and winscp, they work fine, but when I run office(tried word and excel), a window come up and says:

    The instruction at '0x00603f86' referenced memory at '0x00000010'.
    The memory could not be read.
    Click OK to terminate the program.

I click OK and the program ends.

I also tried vncviewer, the office ends the same way but without that prompt.

Is this a wine problem or is there anything else I can do?
Thanks for any help.

-Allen