[Wine] WoW Worked Once, Now it Don't I'm Stumped

cryptoboats wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Feb 25 09:44:09 CST 2012

Before we start, I am new to Linux, so please be gentle.  I only got as far as I did due to google and this website.

I installed World of Warcraft using Wine.  After 2 days of troubleshooting and fixing driver issues, I was able to log in last night and the game ran flawlessly.  I logged out, installed all of my normal addons logged back in and they all worked.  I played for about an hour and logged out....logged in one more time so I could giggle about getting the game finally work, then logged out and went to bed.

This morning I tried to log in and got this error:

Code:
err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0 addr 0x6800cdb4

I am logging in via the terminal by going to the World of Warcraft folder and using the command wine Wow.exe.

This morning, I tried to log in by staying in my home directory and using the command wine "C:\\Program Files\\World of Warcraft\\Wow.exe"
That is the first time I got the error.  I assumed that I couldn't use wine like that, so I navigated to the World of Warcraft folder and used wine Wow.exe like what worked last night and got the error again.

Google isn't being much help this time...

Thanks