[Wine] Re: Trouble with directx

dc_wmj wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Feb 26 09:35:26 CST 2012

Man, I can see your faith is strong. I doubt ATI cares about anythin related to linux at all. It's a miracle they publish drivers anyway.

If I filed a bug-report there their first answer was: "This is a wine-related-problem - contact the developers. Linux is not actively supported." I'm sure they don't even know what the error-message means.

After (re-) installing so much, I only have 500MB left on my drive. There is just no place for a fourth wine-version, including additional libraries.
I'm sure it also will need an own set of 32Bit-libraries, once it was installed (if it was successfull at all). Synaptics doesn't support upgrading wine to the unstable version. Only an additional installation is possible - propably along with conflicts... or maybe only self-compiled...

Sorry no. I'm convinced ATI is just not supported by wine now. It's my 2nd notebook with ATI-graphics - I never saw Wine-OpenGL up to now.

The Wine-AppDB is listing 3D Studio 5 and 7 working on nvidia. No word about ATI - anywhere. Unless I see some changelog explicitly mentioning something about a fixed ATI- or OpenGL-bug, I don't believe any version works - even if it was beginning with 2.x.