[Wine] [Bulk] Re: Problem with wine and Firefox, Thunderbird or Seamonkey...

Onésime Onésime onesime45 at yahoo.fr
Mon Feb 27 10:41:27 CST 2012

to answers of some questions:

I use the 1.3 wine version, and I test as well with the 1.2.
I have theses problem since january, so it is not a development release, and i had this on 2 differents computers!
Dimesio, you forget the link à the end of your post.

Why I use these software under wine:
For people who do not understand why I use software such as Thunderbird
portable. Simply because of my Thunderbird, I use my business email and
personal with some emails that I keep in local folders (also to use
offline). So what is the best solution to recover your workspace in the
workplace where there are windows installed, and my home where I use
Ubuntu ...? the best solution I've found so far was to use portable
software with Wine.

Some people try to help me, so you can have some more details on these links:
(http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2428361 or http://portableapps.com/node/30460)
thanks.

Le 27/02/2012 16:31, James McKenzie a écrit :
On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 4:45 AM, dimesio <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>Onésime Onésime wrote:
>>I Use thunderbird and firefox, and sometimes Seamonkey on my job (onto windows 7, 64 bits) and at home (under Ubuntu 11.10 64 bits), so for that, I use Wine,
>>Are you aware that all of those apps have native Linux versions?
>And thus fixing these problems will be a low priority, if at all.  Why
do you need to use Firefox/SeaMonkey under Wine when their native
versions work 'just fine'? James