[Wine] dotnet20sp1 install completed but indexb.dat not found

Hardz wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Feb 28 01:47:58 CST 2012

Hi,
I've tried to install dotnet35 using the latest wine 1.4-rc5 in fedora 16 (virtual box) but it gives me an error saying:
dotnet20sp1 install completed, but installed file /home/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/assembly/NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32/indexb.dat not found. Actually, I successfully installed the prerequisites .net20 sp1 and sp2, then 3.0 sp1, but failed installing .net35.

Anyway, last week before my uninstallation or deletion of fedora at virtual box due to system crashes, I have successfully installed .net35 and 35sp1 using 1.4-rc4 version of wine and my c# application (with sql server 2008 as backend) that uses .net35sp1 work smoothly at last, so I am very thankful for the developer of this software.

But now it seems I need some help on how to fix this problem using the latest version so that I can run again my .exe c# application here in fedora.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Hardz