[Wine] Wine sourcing for noobs

NiqueSqueek wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Feb 29 20:49:37 CST 2012

Heres the deal;

I want to install a patch. I need to do this by installing wine from source. I do not know how to do this.

I have looked at the winewiki, and all over this forum. I have googled the bejesus out of it. I get that I have to unpack the wine source code and what not, all the code stuff just looks like stuff to put in terminal, but evidently that is not the case.

Basically what i need is a step by step guide or video (i mean STEP BY STEP.)

I'm very new to wine, have been using crossover for a while but it seems some apps  run better through direct wine so i'm giving this a go.

I'm running on a macbook pro early 2011, lion. I want to install this patch

http://bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=35873

I guess thats all the information i have.

If it isn't possible to get the help i want, thats fine please don't post nasty comments, just politely tell me I'm in the wrong place and I'll move on. I really am just at the end of the rope and have not any idea where do go next. All help is appreciated and thank you in advance for any help given.

:D