[Wine] Re: LOTR BFME2 Wine Install

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jan 5 09:23:54 CST 2012

Bent wrote:
> I am brand new to wine this is my first attempt at installing anything using this software. I need help installing Battle for Middle Earth 2. My first attempt I got it to install and then I would get a message when I tried to play it that I needed to insert the cd even though it was already installed.

Did you map the cd drive in winecfg? If you did and are still getting that message, it's probably a copy protection issue.

> I started trying to follow the instructions on this website for this game, but then realized it was for an outdated Wine version.

Those instructions are very old, but one thing they do mention is that the game will not work without a no-cd crack. Whether that is legal for you depends on where you live; no support will be provided here.