[Wine] Re: Playing Warcraft II: Battle.net Edition
wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jan 11 22:49:23 CST 2012
Hello everyone again.
To better help with a possible solution to my problem, here's what I have done so far, leading up to the CD can't be found error I'm experiencing:
1. Uninstalled Wine Bottler and its accompanying version of Wine.
2. Installed Xcode from my Snow Leopard disc.
3. Downloaded and installed MacPorts.
4. Configured MacPorts as outlined here: http://www.davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/ (Step 2 of installation)
5. Installed Wine using MacPorts (in Terminal, I typed in sudo port install wine)
6. Once that was done, and before I proceeded with step 4 of the instructions in #4's link, I logged in as root in Terminal, typed in mount -t cd9660 -r /dev/disk1s1 warcraft2bne. (I made the folder warcraft2bne prior using the mkdir command.)
7. Proceeded with the installation by going to the folder above, and doing wine setup.exe.
8. I saw the installation screen, click on "Install Warcraft." And allowed it to finish.
9. Finally, I clicked on "Play Warcraft" in the same installation screen. And then, boom. [Image: http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/8015/errorscreen.jpg ]
More information about the wine-users