[Wine] Re: Wine OK on HP Mini 1000??

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jan 14 13:59:52 CST 2012

Joeonthelinux wrote:
> I recently got a mini 1000 with linux OS. I have always used windows and didn't know what OS was on the notebook until I started playing with it. I am slowly learning about linux, (very slowly). I want to download a windows program called " brain fitness Pro" onto my Mini. It appears that I need to download Wine first to accomplish this. I believe that the mini I have uses Gnome for The GUI? Could someone tell me what I need to do & please  remember I am a first grader when it comes to computers in general and haven't even started school on linux!  Thank goodness for this forum. I think that one day I will like the Linux OS.  Thanks Much,  Joe

You didn't say what distro is installed on that Mini, but if it is some customized version of Linux created by HP, you are going to have to ask HP customer support or a user support forum specific to your netbook how to install Wine on it.

If your netbook has a mainstream distro that provides Wine packages in its repository on it, you should be able to install Wine through your package manager, just as you would any other package. Links for the major distros that package Wine are on http://www.winehq.org/download/.