[Wine] Error: err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization

RoseQueen wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jan 25 10:05:14 CST 2012

Hello, I'm new at installing programs to use with wine (well, except the ones that just worked with no problems). I have been trying to run Payday: The Heist and I load up the exe in terminal and I get this:

>  err:module:import_dll Library d3dx9_40.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\ Program Files\\Payday The Heist\\payday_win32_release.exe") not found
> err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\ Program Files\\Payday The Heist\\payday_win32_release.exe" failed, status c0000135

Though, when I go into system32 and check in libraries in wine configuration, d3dx9_40.dll is there and set to native (in wine config).

I will admit that I am quite new to all of this so, if anyone helps, please make it simple for me.

Thank you for any help in advance.