[Wine] Witcher Enhanced Edition

Ajolie wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jun 2 21:43:06 CDT 2012

Hi all!

I'm new to using both Ubuntu and Wine so I freely and readily admit that I have only a vague idea of what I'm doing. LOL Right now I am running Ubuntu 12.04 and Wine 1.4 and am trying to get some games to run.

I've just installed the Witcher Enhanced Edition from the disk and once I got it all installed it and went to play it I got two separate error messages.

The first is "Insufficient Privileges: You must be an administrator to run this program." Which is odd because I am an admin.

The second is "internal errors: invalid perimeters received". I haven't the slightest clue what this means.

I would appreciate it if anyone can help walk me through getting these two fixed. I'm so confused and I'm just kind of feeling my way through getting this all to run.

Thanks for everything!