[Wine] Re: wine doesn't seem to be working for me (Ubuntu 12.04)

herblin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 6 16:49:15 CDT 2012

yeah I cleared off my entire .wine folder as well as uninstalled from the app center.  Each time same issue

using wine 1.4

I removed photoshop in frustration the first time (to reinstall it)
So since I am getting the same issues with all my programs with wine.

Here is wine trying to run Dwarf Fortress

dell at dell-OptiPlex-760:~$ wine '/home/dell/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Adobe/df/Dwarf Fortress.exe'
getting server_pid from lock 10015
wine: cannot get pid from lock (lock isn't locked)
err:process:start_wineboot failed to start wineboot, err 1359
getting server_pid from lock 10015
wine: cannot get pid from lock (lock isn't locked)
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0