[Wine] Re: Garena Messenger Chat not working

SpawnHappyJake wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 11 01:22:44 CDT 2012

The first thing they'll tell you to do is upgrade. We're on 1.5.6

I see a lot of wininet fixmes. After updating, if you still have them, and it doesn't work, I believe there is a wininet winetricks or some way to install MS wininet.

Compiling Wine from source is fairly straight forward once you have all the dependencies. You can download the bash script that installs the dependencies for you, open it in a text editor, and start copying and pasteing packages into termial after the appropriate package manager command to install packages. Unless you're fortunate enough for your distro to be supported by the bash script. Then you just run it.

Here's the script: http://winezeug.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/install-wine-deps.sh

To get the most recent Wine, go to the homepage: www.winehq.org, see what the most recent version is, then click "Download", then scroll to the bottom and click "Sourceforge.net", then Ctrl+F for the latest version, and download the tarball (tar.bz2).

I don't think you'll need to do an "sh ./autogen.sh" to get the configure script, but maybe you will. It's been a while since I've compiled Wine, unfortunately.

Just pop the folder out of the tarball (tar.bz2), open a terminal, cd to the directory of the extracted folder, and run:

./configure -h

//See which options you want

./configure [options you want]

//Look for it complaining about not having this or that.
//Give it this or that.

//Repeat the last two steps until it is sufficiently satisfied.

make

//uninstall the last Wine now.

sudo make install