[Wine] Bad Grapes?

Roger Davis wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 13 23:20:20 CDT 2012

I installed Wine 1.5 with the following commands:

        sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
        sudo apt-get update
        sudo apt-get install wine1.5
        sudo apt-get install winetricks

and got the following errors:
W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://ubuntu.mirror.cambrium.nl/ubuntu/ precise/main i386 Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/ubuntu.mirror.cambrium.nl_ubuntu_dists_precise_main_binary-i386_Packages)
W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://ubuntu.mirror.cambrium.nl/ubuntu/ precise/universe i386 Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/ubuntu.mirror.cambrium.nl_ubuntu_dists_precise_universe_binary-i386_Packages)
W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://ubuntu.mirror.cambrium.nl/ubuntu/ precise/main i386 Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/ubuntu.mirror.cambrium.nl_ubuntu_dists_precise_main_binary-i386_Packages)
W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://ubuntu.mirror.cambrium.nl/ubuntu/ precise/universe i386 Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/ubuntu.mirror.cambrium.nl_ubuntu_dists_precise_universe_binary-i386_Packages)
W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://ubuntu.mirror.cambrium.nl/ubuntu/ precise/main i386 Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/ubuntu.mirror.cambrium.nl_ubuntu_dists_precise_main_binary-i386_Packages)
W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://ubuntu.mirror.cambrium.nl/ubuntu/ precise/universe i386 Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/ubuntu.mirror.cambrium.nl_ubuntu_dists_precise_universe_binary-i386_Packages)

I tried apt-get update, no help

Anyway, Wine seems to be installed, but I can't figure out how to install programs.  Also, it has locked up my machine once in about 20 minutes.

I need Quicken 2001 to work.  The Wine app database says "platinum".

I need Internet Explorer to work (It is needed for an online site need to use.)  The program called IE with the install won't even load the site (www.accuchek.com).  It just says "loading..... (big long string...), and sometimes crashes.  I think I need to load a real IE - but back again to - How?

When I checked for Wine install in Software Center, it was unclear which one to use, so I found the above instructions on line.  Should I uninstall this one and use the one in Software Center?  If so:
- How do I uninstall it?
- Which one (or all?!?) of the three different ones (Microsoft Windows Compatibility Layer, Q4Wine, Wine Windows Program Loader) in the Software Center do I install?

Help!?!