[Wine] Re: Problem with Windows Java/Mathemaica under wine

David Bailey wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jun 17 14:26:19 CDT 2012

Dimesio,

Thanks for that - restricting to win32 solved the problem - I hadn't realised that wine now comes with 64-bit capability.

However, the Mathematica installer automatically detects whether it is running under 32-bit or 64-bit Windows, and installs the right binaries as appropriate, so does my original problem indicate that something is wrong with the 64-bit part of wine?

Martin: Mathematica comes bundled with its own Java, which is usually outdated by the time Mathematica ships.

Thanks again to both of you,

David