[Wine] Wine registry redirection trouble

QuicksilverHG wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 18 11:19:58 CDT 2012

Hello!  I'm new here, so I thought I'd start with that.  With that out of the way, I've been trying to install LOTRO on my machine, running Ubuntu 12.04 and Wine 1.4.  I had a few problems with DLLs (Namely, a few missing ones that I replaced, including mscorees), but I've now come up against the following problem:

"Please set registry key HKLM/Software/Microsoft/.NETFramework/InstallRoot to point to the .NET Framework install location"

I'm completely stumped on where to go from there, as there doesn't even seem to be an HKLM directory among my wine folders, nor is there a file called InstallRoot.  What should I be directing to where, and how?  Is it system.reg, or something within regedit, which also doesn't show anything resembling HKLM or InstallRoot?  Any help would be much appreciated.  If there's any further information required to help solve this issue, just say what it is and I'll do my best to provide it.