[Wine] Re: Game for Windows Live and Wine

s3a wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 1 06:23:41 CST 2012

I agree with a lot of what you said :).

I think the solution is to use xliveless (for Linux). I haven't tried it and won't very soon since I don't have time for games yet but I've seen Linux/Wine success with Arkham Asylum saving on the Winehq database for that game in the comments section using that.

As for security of the Windows applications through Linux, I'd say it's a non-issue as long as Wine is not run as root. I still scan for viruses just in case but even if I install a virus knowingly, it is to my understanding that it will be (kind of or exactly?) sandboxed if run as user and all that needs to be done is to reinstall wine if such a thing happens.

For future reference, Wine WILL support the non-latest version(s) of GFWL at any given point in time such that I can use xliveless, right?