[Wine] AMD/ATI or Nvidia

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 08:05:13 CST 2012

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 5:15 AM, s3a <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I read that the HD8000 series' open source drivers will get same-day support as the proprietary drivers.
>
> "[The HD8000 series] is the first where we are able to design & plan the open source support at the same time as the
> proprietary driver support."
>
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=OTI1OQ

It will be a long time until the open-source drivers are at or better
than the company supplied ones.  It will be a good day when that
happens.  It is great to see that these efforts have not been
abandoned.

It would also be good to see drivers for the older, and abandoned,
video cards produced that are at or better than their Windows
counterparts.

James