[Wine] wine 1.4rc6 crashes if alsa is available

Scotty wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 4 08:04:37 CST 2012

I'm using wine in combination with pylotro for playing Lotro with Arch Linux. Since about a month the game start is blocked with the message:

err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0 addr 0xf75822fe
wine client error:9: write: Ungültiger Dateideskriptor (bad file descriptor)

Today I was trying again to manage that problem. When I keep the crashed game open and start a second one it runs well but without sound. I can change sound settings within the game (analog/digital output) and switch it on after closing the crashed first game. That works until some other area is loaded or so, I don't know exactly. Then I get this:

err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0 addr 0xf7556df2

Any idea whether my config is wrong or it's a wine bug?

wine --version: wine-1.4-rc6
cat /proc/version: Linux version 3.2.8-1-ARCH (gcc version 4.6.2 20120120)
KDE 4.8.0
cat .asound.conf
pcm.!default {
card 0