[Wine] Re: No sound, drivers, or devices.

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 4 17:25:13 CST 2012

mace200200 wrote:

> I'll try that, all my games, and stuff will all still work the same on the rc though right?

They should work, but regressions happen, so no, I can't guarantee that.

But I don't want you to test your current wineprefix; you need to create a new, clean one--one with nothing installed to it. You could try doing that in your current Wine version; if sound works in the clean wineprefix, that means you did something to mess up the settings in your old wineprefix. If it doesn't work, then you need to test the newer version.