[Wine] Trouble with directx

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 16:04:07 CST 2012

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 12:34 PM, dc_wmj <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I don't care about your reasons buying this or that graphics card. I at least report an old wine-problem to the
> developers. You want me to also file  a bug report to a hardware-manufacturer. I'm not the graphics-pope. Why don't
> you make yourself useful and find me some solution?

Because the Wine project is not and cannot be responsible for poorly
written/implemented video drivers.  That is the responsibility of the
video card manufacturer or another open-source project to correct.

As it has been said here, multiple times, if you can replace your
video card, replace it with an nVidia card as they have the best Linux
drivers.  Until AMD/ATI vastly improve their drivers, that is the
only, best answer you are going to get.

James