[Wine] Re: Running Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines graphic bug

qparis wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 6 00:34:50 CST 2012

dimesio wrote:

> doh123 wrote:
> >  I'm thinking of putting together a HOWTO on the FAQ on how to run the Wine build command line under XQuartz for testing and maybe that will be accepted here since its stock unmodified Wine already anyways.
>
> The issue is not just Wine itself; I believe you when you say you use unmodified Wine. But wrappers such as yours also install winetricks and other tweaks that are relevant to troubleshooting a problem. It is not our responsibility to keep track of what every wrapper script out there is doing, and the people who use these things are often unaware of what they've installed. One thing you could do that the PlayOnLinux people promised long ago, but failed to deliver, is a a log that will summarize every tweak that was applied by your wrapper that users could copy and paste here.
>
> The second thing you need to fix for users to get support here is to properly install gecko in every wrapper. A wineprefix without gecko is broken.

Don't worry I haven't forgotten this
In fact everything is ready in POL / POM 4 to log everything that happen in a prefix (wine commands runed, file downloaded, contents of .reg applied)
I just need to add a few code line to enable it. I just thought you were no longer interested by this.

Consequently, this feature will be available for 4.0.16. Don't hesitate to ask for something you want in the log.