[Wine] Re: Trouble with directx

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 6 07:33:18 CST 2012

dc_wmj wrote:
> The fact that I even have to reinstall the ATI-drivers after upgrading wine to make it behave shows that OpenGL it is obviously a wine-related problem. Other programs have no trouble with catalyst-drivers. Wine does.

The fact that you have to reinstall your graphics drivers at all indicates they weren't installed correctly in the first place.

Wine is more demanding of graphics drivers than native apps, and will expose bugs in them that nothing else will.

Looking back over this thread, I see that you are using an obsolete version of Wine, were told to upgrade, and refused. That's your choice, but then there's nothing anyone here can do to help you.

Topic closed.